Some people have a past they wish they could erase. A lot of times, we do things we wish we could take back. You may have been involved in premarital sexual activity and wish you could blot it out of your past and be rid of all the memories. Whatever may have happened or whatever your mistakes, God offers second chances! His forgiveness is a gift. We don’t deserve it, but He offers it to us anyway! That’s called grace! See Ephesians 1:7 and Colossians 1:13-14.
The bad part is that your actions do have consequences, and you may even be dealing with those now as a result of your sexual involvement. The good news is that there are people around you who can walk with you through these tough times. Don’t be afraid to talk with a counselor, minister, or parent for help. You can also call us at APRC…We are here to listen and to help.
Source: True Love Waits
What is so great about making a pledge to sexual purity?
You experience a great freedom when you practice sexual purity until marriage. Along with this freedom you will enjoy several benefits:
- You are 100% guaranteed that you won’t get pregnant.
- It’s a sure thing that you will stay STD-free!
- You will be spared much emotional pain and heartache.
- You will enjoy peace of mind in your life, future relationships and marriage.
- If you get married one day, you can present yourself pure to your mate.
- You will enter marriage with a more positive outlook and without carrying emotional baggage.
- You will be honoring God with your body.
- You will experience greater self-respect and be respected by other people.
- You will have a significantly better chance of having a more satisfying and stable marriage.
- You will have confidence in the realization there is a 98 percent chance you will never marry the person
- you date in high school, so it is always better to keep yourself pure for the right person…that is your
- future wife or husband.
- You will have a clear conscience.
Five steps to beginning a life of sexual purity…or renewed virginity:
- Make a firm commitment to save yourself for marriage from now on, and believe you can do it. (Because you can!)
- Get away from people, places, things and situations that weaken your self-control. Sometimes the healthiest thing we can do is avoid people who tempt us.
- Avoid intense hugging, passionate kissing and anything else that leads to lustful thoughts and behavior.
- Anything beyond a brief, simple kiss can quickly become dangerous.
- Find non-physical ways to show your love and appreciation.
- Remember that anyone can start over…including you! When you focus on commitment and self-discipline, you can control your impulses.
Are you ready to make a change?
Make the True Love Waits Pledge!
“Believing that true love waits, I make a commitment to God, myself, my family, my friends, my future mate, and my future children to a lifetime of purity including sexual abstinence from this day until the day I enter a biblical marriage relationship.”
The Five Commitments of True Love Waits:
- To God: Matthew 22:37 Jesus replied, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
- To Yourself: Matthew 22:39 “And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’”
- To Family: Philippians 4:5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near.
- To Friends: John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”
- To Future Mate and Children: 2 Timothy 2:22 Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
- Do you want to make the True Love Waits pledge? Call or contact Agape Pregnancy Resource Center and we would be happy to talk about it and encourage you in this most important decision.